Monday, March 26, 2012

Marina

Love this time of year when hope comes rushing in on the wings of Spring.  Color, smells, sounds all come alive.  One of the best parts for me is being able to use these in my shoots.

Marina, a local senior, trusted me to document this special time in her life and we couldn't wait to take advantage of all the options.

We started with understanding her interests.  Art, Music, & Law Enforcement.  Right off, I understood that to mean she was creative and wanted to help keep things fair.  She said she could be sarcastic and the difference in being sarcastic and bitter is a hope.  Sarcasm normally comes with a smile where bitter a scowl.  So seeing the joy in her, we set off for the perfect location.

First one was an old school  house - long abandoned but still a reminder of all the knowledge it handed out.

Then we wanted to show her more serene side.  One where she can reflect the reserved part of her.  This location was more secluded, yet it's peacefulness really complimented her mood.


Then, it was time for the "Dard Side"!  I had a new set I was excited to try and she was game.  Together, we made something that I found surprising.  She was cold, a bit scared, and for the first time - shy.  But, such a pro.  She really wanted something like no other and went for it.  I am very pleased with the results and am eternally indebted to her generosity.  Enjoy...



And you need not ask, 'Why do you love what you do?"  So blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment